Neroli is a type of essential oil that is extracted from the flowers of the bitter orange tree.
It has a sweet, floral scent and is often used in aromatherapy and skin care products. Neroli is known for its many benefits for the skin, including:
- Antioxidant properties: Neroli oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of aging.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Neroli oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce redness, swelling, and irritation. This makes it a good choice for people with sensitive skin or skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Antimicrobial properties: Neroli oil has antimicrobial properties that can help to kill bacteria and fungi. This makes it a natural remedy for acne and other skin infections.
- Regenerative properties: Neroli oil can help to stimulate cell regeneration, which can help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
- Relaxing properties: Neroli oil has a calming and relaxing effect on the mind and body. This can help to reduce stress, which can have a negative impact on the skin.
Neroli oil is a versatile and beneficial essential oil that can be used for a variety of skin care needs. It is safe for most people to use, but it is always best to test a small amount of oil on the skin before using it more extensively.
Check out Appalachian Botanical Co’s Neroli Eye Cream. It’s perfect for your evening facial care regimen.
MEET THE AUTHOR / JOCELYN SHEPPARD Jocelyn Sheppard is the Founder and President of Appalachian Botanical Co. Before she started ABCo, Jocelyn was a consultant with high-tech startups and nonprofits. She enjoys reading, cooking, jigsaw puzzles, and travel, especially in France where the food, wine and lavender are amazing. Her favorite product: Organic Lavender Body Cream