We love the flavor of lavender and there are so many ways to incorporate it into your summertime meals.
Infuse your kabobs with lavender in three different ways with this simple recipe. Use our lavender-infused wildflower honey and our sea salt blend to add complexity to the marinade, place one of our stem bundles in your grill while cooking to release lavender scent into the smoke, and then finish with a dash more of our Himalayan sea salt with lavender buds for an extra burst of bright lavender flavor at the end.
These delicious kabobs are ready in just 14 minutes. Simply soak the lavender stem bundle and marinate the skewers for two hours before grilling to create an aromatic offering for your Summer cookouts.
- 1 Appalachian Botanical Lavender Stem Bundle
- 8 boneless skin-on chicken breast halves or thighs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Appalachian Botanical Lavender Infused Wildflower Honey
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of Appalachian Botanical Himalayan Lavender Salt
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 medium Portobello mushrooms, halved
- bell peppers and summer squash, cut into pieces (optional)
- Place the Appalachian Botanical Co. lavender Infused honey, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, rosemary, Appalachian Botanical Co. Himalayan Lavender Salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Chop your chicken and vegetable into generous 2”x 2” cubes, combine with the marinade in a gallon Ziploc bag and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight. Massage the bag several times to infuse the marinade.
- Light an indoor or outdoor grill and after skewering your chicken and vegetables, place the lavender stem bundle over the hot coals, top with your grill and your skewers.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through, brushing sporadically with any marinade left in the bag.
- Sprinkle with our Appalachian Botanical Himalayan lavender salt to finish and feast!
Use promo code SWEETBBQ to save 10% off our wildflower honey, pink Himalayan sea salt blend, or stem bundles, or save even more by purchasing all three together in our grilling bundle!
MEET THE AUTHOR / SARAH MARCH is our Sales and Events Coordinator from Washington, PA. When Sarah isn't waxing lyrical about all things Lavender she is busy with her other business, Louie Prior Jewelry and lovingly guiding her teen boys towards independence. She is an avid vintage treasure hunter, foodie, reader, camper, lapsed triathlete, yoga and meditation fanatic and advocate of creativity and community connection. Her favorite product: Lavender Essential Oil